Features of our Online Inventory Management System
Low-Cost Inventory Tracking that's Rich in Features
An inventory tracking application can be rich in features without having a bloated interface. We do it by letting you choose which features are displayed to each specific user. So while we offer plenty of features, your users won't be confused by having to view an application with tons of bells and whistles that don't apply to them.
Clearly Inventory comes with a wide variety of standard views, both for your current inventory levels as well as your transaction history. But chances are you will find it useful to make your own custom views.
- done Choose which fields you want displayed, their order and grouping
- done Specify relative or absolute time periods to apply to transaction reports
- done Control which (if any) custom views users can access
Transactions in Real Time
All actions performed in Clearly Inventory occur in real time. So when multiple users are accessing inventory you can rest assured that they're all seeing the latest information.
- done No need to sync data from multiple clients
- done Updates occur instantly; no more waiting for transactions to post.
- done Having the correct inventory data available instantly helps ensure inventory accuracy.t.
Clearly Inventory offers a wide variety of ways to examine your current inventory. You'll also have an accurate historical record of all your transactions and inventory activity.
- done Great search and filtering capabilities
- done Export reports in excel or csv format
- done Popular standard reports
- done Reorder / Restock reporting
Store Items in Many Locations
...and multiple units of measure. Clearly Inventory tries to match what's true right now in the physical world, not the "accounting world". Your stuff is all over the place, in transit, reserved for future sales, in work in progress, etc... why should you only be able to store items in one location?
- done Create as many locations as you need
- done Create special use locations
- done Create locations for items that are on order, held for sale, in transit, and anything else you need
- done Create a new location ready to accept inventory in less than 10 seconds
- done Move items among locations
- done Store items with different units of measure in the same location
We used to make it easy to manage all of the data tables now, you don't even have to. Stop managing your inventory software, and focus on your inventory instead. New Item ID's, locations, units of measure, item and location groups and more are created on the fly - quickly and easily.
- done Export any table in Excel or .csv format
- done Export sample data tables that you can populate and then upload
- done Modify any table all at once (via uploading your own excel or csv file) or by individual records
- done Ability to sort, search, and filter all tables
- done Directly edit or add new records to tables
Transactions are at the heart of inventory management and we make it easy to perform transactions. With some inventory programs, moving items in and out of inventory is way too complex.
- done Create unique data collection fields for each type of transaction
- done Perform transactions individually or in batches
- done Create and use your own unique part numbers or descriptions
- done Create unlimited unique units of measure
- done Use our exclusive Auto Item ID generator, and let us create your Item ID's for you!
Total Control of User Access
Share your inventory information withcustomers, vendors, employees, and third parties without giving them the chance to screw anything up, or see what you don't want them to see. Plus, you can customize the user interface to make training a breeze.
- done Create as many user accounts as you need
- done Specify which items or locations users can access
- done Control which (if any) kinds of transactions users can perform, and what methods they can use
- done All changes to stock levels aretraceable to the user that performed them
- done Admins can change passwords for users, add, and delete users with ease
Track Serial Numbers
Do you need to have total trace-ability for lots, batches, or serial numbers? Then our Unique Tag feature is for you! Apply a unique tag once to an item and that tag will stay with the item throughout its life in inventory.
- done Unique tags stay with an item, even when the unit of measure changes
- done Apply a unique tag one time, and it will stay with the item permanently
- done Change the term "unique tag" to anything you like, batch number, lot number, serial number etc...
- done Use the unique tag field for any kind of information you like
Easily Search and Filter Data
The primary job of inventory software is to make it easier to find your stuff, not harder. So all of our inventory views come with search and filter boxes for each data column. This makes it dirt simple for someone with very little knowledge of your products to find things fast.
- done Search and filter multiple table columns at once
- done Search using multiple text methods like "begins with", "contains", "equals", "does not equal" etc..
- done Search using multiple number methods like "equal to", "greater than", "less than" etc...
- done Search and filter capability are included in almost all data views and tables
You can customize Clearly Inventory to match the way your company does business. Below are just a few examples of what you can do.
- doneCreate unique data fields for each transaction.
- done Decide what fields are displayed and/or required to be filled.
- done Display custom links to your website or other sites.
Re-Stock Reports & Emails
Stockouts can lose customers and productivity and cause frustration. To reduce these problems, we offer advanced restock reports and warnings.
- done Receive stock out warnings via e-mail
- done Specify restock thresholds and par levels for each item
- done Set multiple restock warning levels for multiple locations, or your entire stock
Like pictures? Upload as many as you like and then match them with your items to give your inventory a visual flair. Or don't.
- done Upload hundreds of images at once if you like.
- done Drag and drop files to upload them.
- done Easily manage images in your image library.
Make Items From Components*
Create component lists and autmatically remove component quantities of items when making other items. This is great for businesses that use kitting, bills of materials, recipes, etc.
- done Determine if you have enough stock on hand to produce an item.
- done Set default locations for the removal of stock used to make other items.
- done Upload component lists from a spreadsheet or create them within the app.
Track your inventory costs.
- done Uses current weighted average cost
- done Does NOT use LIFO or FIFO methods at this time, although these types of cost reporting can be "backed into" via transaction records.
Easily Import and Export Data
Getting your data into and out of Clearly Inventory is easy. We believe that you should be able to export all of your data any time you like, and we don't keep your information in any proprietary format that you can't use or understand. Download your transactions from your e-commerce site, or accounting software, format them into our table format, and upload them. And if you ever decide to stop using Clearly Inventory, just export your data.
- done Export all of your data tables into Excel or Google Docs compatible files
- done Import your lists of items, locations, and current inventory
- done Export sample files to populate for future uploads
- done Just about every report or view can be exported
- done Perform thousands of transactions at once by uploading a transaction file